Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Those Who Travel: done!

Remember that blog post where I got lovely parcels of type wrapped in brown paper and said that I was working on a lovely book and promised to show you when it was finished?

It's finished! We've decided to sell it from my website, so I've written up a promo page and set up a selling thingy in my Duckshop.



That's a detail of one of the pages (the actual pages are longer in dimension); it's a really hard book to reproduce because the ink is a shimmery silver, and the images are for the most part, subtle and airy.

It's not a cheap piece for the average punter, but in terms of limited edition books it's a pretty affordable publication, especially (and this is where artists' books are really weird financially) when you consider how much a Patsy Payne print costs as a single sheet (as much as the whole book!).

We've all donated our time and energy to this book, as a fundraiser for the author, Sarah. She's been very ill over the last few years, and this is a gesture of artistic solidarity, I guess. So all money goes to Sarah, and she can do what she wants with it (I think she's thinking about making a digital copy of the book so that her poems are more readily available).

We will be launching the book in Canberra sometime in the next few weeks (I think), I'll let you know the details when they come to hand. It'll be a good chance to come & see the book in person, if you'd like to see more! In the meantime, one of the 16 copies is on show at the Libris Award exhibition at Artspace Mackay until 23 May.

2 comments:

Mummy/Crit said...

Oooh, excitement!

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

it looks gorgeous. when I am rich, it will be mine!