Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

open invitation

Finally, I get a chance to put this up:

BTHOLG invite1

BTHOLG invite2

You're all invited. It's on for five weeks, so if you're anywhere near Canberra in that time, I won't forgive you for missing it. Even if you don't like bookbinding, there's an awesome show of 'animated softies' next door.

Here's a sneak preview of the show:

up the left side

up the right side

And because all the books have the same text, we put the text up on the wall, so people can read it for themselves:

The whole book

And here is a view up through the other gallery (G1), where you can see a glimpse of the CUPCO softies:

back towards the softies

There will be an official website page at Craft ACT, but it's not ready yet. I've got a post on my website, which I'll keep updating as I go. At the moment it hasn't got any images, but it will, soon.

There is also a floor event this Saturday, 16 May, at Craft ACT, from 3 to 4pm, featuring floor talks by myself and fellow participants Genevieve Swifte and Linda Newbown, and readings of Rosemary Dobson's poetry by Canberra poetry overlords Geoff Page and Alan Gould. Sexy! How can you resist?

13 comments:

Alexis, Baron von Harlot said...

It looks beautiful, Rev. Duck. You're extremely clever.

Enjoy your new loo too.

Hil said...

Ooh, looks great. I'll definitely visit, though unfortunately can't make it tonight.

Heather L said...

Great invite- do I recognise the famous Bega Museum wooden typefaces? The sneak preview pics look rather tantalising- hope I can get to Canberra to see it!

Ampersand Duck said...

No, you recognise the famous Book Studio wood type, that is probably imprinted in your brain, Heather! it's actually a photo I took last year of a setting I never used for the book... so it's not *really* relevant to the show, but it goes nicely with the softie image.

Hil: bummer! Maybe we can meet for a coffee and a walk-through sometime?

Thanks, Baron!

Penthe said...

Yay. Will effortfully try to make it tonight - if not will bring Brisbane art friend on the weekend, because she will be a suitably appreciative audience.

Ampersand Duck said...

Oh good, come to the floor talk -- we need the numbers, and I'll have time to actually talk to you :)

GS said...

Congrats hope you have a fab opening tomorrow night.

Any chance of touring your work? I was in Canberra for about 20 minutes earlier in the year, its a place I never seem to actually visit for the sake of it.

Penthe said...

Yes, you did not have time for talking tonight. See you on Saturday perhaps. Loved the books - tough ones and delicate ones all chatting together, although some seemed a little aloof.

Mummy/Crit said...

I suck. Evenings are so hard right now, but Saturday arvo might be better...

oh, and your door bitch says "la pantso" which was lovely.

pk said...

It all looks unutterably fabulous, lovely duck, but we have already had our big trip for the year.....poetry overlords eh? Nice work if you can get it
My word verification, believe it or not, is 'revel'
So do.

Ampersand Duck said...

OH NOES PENTHE!

I can't even remember half the conversations I had... dammit, I missed you. I probably smiled straight past you. So sorry. We must do coffee SOON.

Thanks, Betty. I'm feeling very slow and snotty today, but I'm sure I'll rally once I've had a weekend (haven't experienced one for about 3 weeks!)

Crit, would love to see you on Saturday. But if not: you, me, mall, beverage.

Penthe said...

Coffee coffee coffee! Good idea. I'm back at work next week, so I'll sling you an email.

Rachel said...

Wow, I really like these photos. I want to come and visit your city in aus, it's a bit tricky because I'm very intersted in the arts scene, but I want to do a home exchange!! If you have any information that could help I'd appreciate it :) http://en.homeforhome.com/house/chiswick-102.html