Pages

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Remember to [BIG BREATH]



Well, it's not me. And I don't care. I'm not 14 and I don't feel insecure when I read it, but it sure makes me hate whoever mounts that crap on Facebook.

[TAKES A DEEP BREATH]

Just had to share that with you.

stone steps at Frensham

Anyhoo my lovelies, I'm off tomorrow to climb these steps again for a week at the Sturt Winter School. I think I'm ready, but I'm on my rollerskates and have very insistent flu symptoms, so it could all go horribly wrong.*

The first line of the Winter School promo says it all: Rug up and get creative this winter! All I can think about is the bloody communal bathrooms with stone floors and no heating. Although I did discover staff bathrooms on my last day of the Summer School and will be hunting one down in whichever boarding house I'm allotted to.

I won't be online at all, as I discovered last time that there is an extremely vigorous net nanny on every computer at Fresham within reach of innocent schoolgirls, which brings me back to that horrid Facebook ad above. It's not perverts you need to protect kids from, it's those revolting snipes at users' self-esteem. Built-in internet bullying... good on ya, Facebook! I'm going to think very carefully over the next week whether I want to stay on it, fun games or no.

[TAKE A DEEP BREATH]

So yes, I'm just about to sit down and sort out my materials. Best Beloved is cooking up an Indian storm, and we're quaffing a rather gorgeous red given to us by a loved person who has very good taste. Bumblebee has escaped down to Colonel Duck's prickle farm, where apparently he learned to drive the ride-on mower all by himself today. He told me he's allowed to drive it anytime, as long as he lets an adult know first.

[TAKE A DEEP BREATH]

So have a nice week, do lots of internut persnickery without me, and I'll be back before you can take a full yogic breath.

I'll just leave you with this:

cat

And this one, because I'm wishful thinking...

cat




*I have brought out the big guns: olive leaf extract and lashings of my special sick soup. Take that, evil germs and bugger off.

3 comments:

chosha said...

You find the greatest LOLcats! :)

Mummy/Crit said...

Ooh. Gonna miss you. I've been ignoring those fb ads successfully so far, and now I don't need to satisfy my curiosity, as you've done it for me! I hope your flu doesn't happen for you, but that your school goes well. Your 2nd LoLcat was my fav from the other day too.

Ann ODyne said...

May the chicken soup restore your health, solve the stone floor shower by wearing rubber thongs, and you are right about those stoopid "crush on you" FB things. I, of course, knew they were crap and never ever opened the link.