Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ahem.

Driving along today with Bumblebee and his two cousins, C1 (7-yo boy) and C2 (6-yo girl), we were discussing superheroes and whether they needed capes or not, i.e., were capes a help or a hindrance.

B: Superman has his own powers, he doesn't need a cape.

&D: Batman, on the other hand, DOES need a cape, because he's just muscles and gadgets.

C2: Spiderman doesn't have a cape, and he hasn't got special powers!

C1 and B: YES HE DOES! He was bitten by a radioactive spider. [joint 'tuh!']

--- pause for thought ---

C1: Well, there's that woman with the great bommiknockers, has she got a cape?

B: well, I'm not sure, but she has special powers, so maybe she doesn't need one...

&D: Which woman? What bommiknockers?

B: WONDER woman.

&D: BOMMIKNOCKERS? That's a pretty weird word for them.

C1: They have great spikes on them, boy, they can do some damage.

C2: Yeah, I want some bommiknockers like that when I'm a woman.

&D: Hang on, SPIKES?

B: Yeah, she swings them around, with one on each end of the rope. Deadly cool.

&D: [blush] Oh, bommiknockers. Cool. [double blush].

--- pause to clean up thoughts ---



wonder woman

9 comments:

Mindy said...

I wanted to be Wonderwoman when I was little. I especially wanted an invisible plane. I'm still waiting.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

and now in hindsight I think we all very much appreciate the fact that even though she's showing off plenty of decolletage, her ladyparts are very decently covered.

I do wonder, though, whether she should be allowed to have a little caplet for the winter. it must get rather nippy, dontcha think?

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

hmmm I mean capelet, but I'm sure you knew that.

Ampersand Duck said...

Yairs, and as you point out, she doesn't need a mirkin.

Me too, Mindy, me too.

lauren said...

when the teacher was handing out gold stars at school, i always asked for a red one, so i could stick it on my forehead and be wonderwoman.

i think i might just start calling the 'girls' bommiknockers now. i think it's a great euphemism!

Teej Mahal said...

Hee. I like that. And a Bommiknocker sounds like a German war plane.

(Also, are we running the Great Book Fair Challenge of '07 again?)

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

Very easy to get one's bommiknockers and one's bazoombas mixed up. Don't be too hard on yourself there.

One of the books I reviewed last week had a sheepdog in it called Bra 'because he rounds them up and points them in the right direction.'

Zarquon said...

If you have one dog called Bra you have to have another dog called Ket.

comicstriphero said...

Ah, Linda Carter....

It's moments like these I look back and recognise so much latent lesbianism in my youthful self.

Hee hee!