Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Remember to breathe

scratchy
This is the top of one of the Bookstud's wooden typecases. It makes me think of old school desks.

I don't know about you, but I'm a sucker for textures of chipped wood and flaking paint. It was distressing to have a metal workbench covered in rust after the recent storm, but I took a whole memory card of photos, trying to capture that glorious orange and the odd patterns that rust can make.

So here is something to tide you over until I can sit down at an internet cafe in Melbourne and tell you of my escapades south of the border.

First stop will be Fluffy's new house. We've never met, so knocking on her door straight out of the taxi from the airport is my first big adventure... well, if she's dangerous, at least I'll die laughing :)

Happy days!

3 comments:

Mummy/Crit said...

Noice textcha. Have a lovely time in Melbs.

Enny said...

Have a fantastic time!

Kerryn Goldsworthy said...

The first thing I thought as I watched that pic come up was 'Oh, it's a fabulous painting of rural South Australia in February!' (think heatwave blue sky and bleached wheat stubble), and the second thing I thought was 'Oh, it's a Rosalie Gascoigne!'

*Fetches glasses*