Pages

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Introducing the Book

Yesterday I taught my first Book Design class at the art school. I'd forgotten how tiring talking non-stop for four hours can be. By the end I could see the students drooping, but they 'd seen a lot, heard a lot, and walked out with two (simple) binding technique samples that they'd done themselves, so I think I did ok. Now that the first class is over, I'm a lot more relaxed about the rest of the semester, even though I'd only had two weeks notice to prepare the course outline and gather my thoughts, and most of the work is still ahead of me. If I can maintain my idea of mixing discussions on book theory and design with practical binding exercises every week, I'll be a very happy duck.

But snaps to Zoe, who sent me this:



I lurv it.

1 comment:

Mummy/Crit said...

Oh yes, that is good!